Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tyler's Going to Japan

Tyler just got his official notification that he's accepted at Kwansei University in scenic Osaka, Japan for next year! Wahoo! They took their sweet time approving it, so there was a smidge of concern on my part, but it all worked out and life is a cabaret. I think the idea is that he'll be staying with a family there, taking classes all the time, and reigning as the Tallest Person in Japan. He'll leave in early September and not come home till next May. MY BABY! And then he'll come home and speak Japanese. This will just be too odd.

When are Jonathan and Alanna going to Japan and where will they be? How did all these Clark offspring end up in Japan? Is this some conspiracy?

8 comments:

  1. Not all Clark's One in particular went to Firenze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but Taylor's always been a bit of a rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Kwansei U! I think we should consider a family trip to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we could go to Japan and/or Firenze

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we should consider both. Firenze has the convenience advantage and japan the exotic heavy. Is there any chance you really could go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Originally Jonathan and Alanna are hoping to be in Japan this coming fall/Christmas, but I think it's been pushed back to next summer now. They may tag-team it with Tyler.

    He's going to have some great stories from being the tallest man in Japan. Great photo opps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick and I are planning to go visit the Tall Boy whenever he gets a break in his classes - and we're thinking that might be January or February. I was hoping Jonathan and Alanna would be somewhere there too, but that might not be happening. I'm trying to learn some Japanese, which would be easier if the language wasn't so danged difficult. Jenny, did you learn any Japanese in your time over there? Tyler thinks I can't learn it, and I hate for the boy to be right. But then, I have worked on it and now only know 3 characters out of 92 - I have much work to do before I am considered fluent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stick with conversation Japanese--particularly southern Japan.

    ReplyDelete