Sunday, May 23, 2010

A few pointers


OK, so now we're up and running on this Blark, and we'll just see what happens. Since I've been putzing around on this blog for a bit and just figured out some of the most basic things, I thought I'd share what I know. Now, if ya'll all know this stuff already, just smile politely and ignore me.

To write a totally new post, look up on the right hand corner of your screen, and right there by your email address is "New Post." Click on that and you come to this page that you can probably figure out from there. You can add photos (like this classic Julia and Ralph All Lovey-Dovey photo, video, spell check (useful for Larry) and all the usual stuff.

To comment on something someone else has posted, you can click on "Comment" right below their post and type away. That doesn't show up quite as handily on the Blark homepage, but it lists how many comments are there if you want to check them out.

You can also go to the Dashboard thing (up in the right hand corner sometimes - I'm not really sure what pages have what things showing up), and see all kinds of stuff: Your profile (post a photo of yourself, preferably one with you wearing a bikini when you are about 3 years old), you can sign up to follow the Blark and any other blogs you find, you can even figure out how to post something from your cell phone. Blythe, can total outsiders see our Blark? I don't know the answer to that one.

OK, that pretty much taps out all my blogging knowledge. Let's see some posts!

7 comments:

  1. For some reason this pic really reminds me of mom and dad. I remember how much he really cared for her. I don't reemeber him showing much affection but I never had any questions about how he felt about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did buy her that mini grater for some gift giving occasion - if that's not love, what is?

    He wasn't much for flash, but he was one for steadfastness. I think we all got that from him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I get to be a contributor to the Blark? So far, I've only managed to become a follower--story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy I think you got it.
    but look at the top of the page to start a new post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I can create a new posting, only comment on others. Mine says I can only read posts by contributors. I think I need an invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I don't know why you don't have an invite. I got mine as soon as Blythe put my address in and got teh thing up and running. Blythe is there something more to do?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have asked if that was really Judy or was it Jef in drag?

    ReplyDelete