Friday, November 5, 2010

Bass Lofts


 See the gym floor - they put residences in the gym.  Apparently they have very tall ceilings.
Courtyard behind the bleachers.  They've created this cool little pedestrian street and people have their patio furniture out there.  It's very community oriented and cool.  I'm sure it's been the scene of countless high school transgressions over the years.
 "hey, who are you and why are you taking a picture of me outside my condo!"

 signage on the steps leading up the gym. 
"hey - you again; and how'd you get inside.  We will cross our arms and judge you.  Well, ok, you seem to be a good guy, take your pictures and stay with us.  We will go buy retro t-shirts and puma tennis shoes.  And wear our sunglasses when it's not very sunny outside." 
You can see the sloped ceiling under the bleachers above.  the ceilings at the tall end were about 18' and then more like 7' over at the short end.  Very cool place.

Hey folks - long time no post.  I took these pictures back in the spring/summer when I went to visit a friend in Atlanta who lives under the bleachers of the old Bass School, of which I believe several of you Blarkers are alumni.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. "I live under the bleachers at Bass High School." This was once considered a sign of homelessness, now it shows you are a refined and discerning individual. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete