Friday, July 2, 2010

Tour of the Subways!

This summer I have barely been at home. I told everyone I am touring some of the most impressive subway systems around. Last month I went to D.C. with my friends and just on Tuesday, My dad and I returned home from New York City!

I have never been to NYC for more than about an hour and I never got to look around like I wanted to. I must say, I thought I would love New York, that I would feel at home there. However, after spending a few days there, I had that feeling of, "Oh, alright, this is nice, we can go home now." Don't get me wrong, New York is a cool city, it has its own culture and I love that you can walk or take public transportation any where, as expected. I was just a little let down by my lack of excitement for the city. I will go back, and I want to spend more time there for sure, it just may not be my number one place to go.

I do want to say that the Fancy Food Show was REALLY impressive. Although after you try one vegan, dairy free, organically grown chocolate, you have tried them all.

My mom and I leave for England on Tuesday. We will begin our trip with a tour of London for five days, then go up to Leeds to stay near my friend who is getting married on the 25th of this month. We are both very excited and we will try and update everyone throughout the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment